PTCRs - Process Temperature Control Rings
The Process Temperature Control Ring, PTCR, is a highly accurate ceramic temperature indicator which records the true heat treatment received by the fired product. PTCR rings take account of both radiated and transferred heat, as well as the effects of temperature over time. It conveniently allows this recorded heat exposure to be expressed as a single number - ring temperature (RT) - which is practical and easy to work with.
PTCR rings can be used in both batch and continuous tunnel kilns; they are used in a range of atmospheres. Six different PTCR types are available: PTCR-UTH/UTL, PTCR-ETH/ETL, PTCR-LTH/LTL, PTCR-STH/STL, PTCR-MTH/MTL, PTCR-HTH/HTL, in heights of 3.5 and 7.0mm, covering a range from 660 to 1750°C. Ring types are identified by color coding and batch and type numbers pressed into the ring.
Benefits at a glance:
- Easy, accurate kiln temperature measurement to a wide range of industries
- An unsurpassed accuracy guarantee: a minimum variation of 3°RT
- Optimized firing process by offsetting heat sources or thermocouples thanks to the heat treatment mapping.
- Monitor the firing process and to detect these deviations as they gradually arise
- Improvement of product quality
- Reduction of inspection time and costs
PTCR rings are made from a mix of high-grade materials. Their composition is fine-tuned through advanced Design Of Experiments- (DOE), and the production process itself is controlled by Statistical Process Control.
In fact, the entire PTCR manufacturing facilities have been awarded the internationally recognized ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 14001 quality certification.